It’s 2016! Wow time flies by. So before I’m 85, wrinkly, crochety, and generally miserable, lets set some goals to accomplish in this new year:
1. Get RHCE certified: I want to get that certification and all the glory therein, ie. bragging at the watercooler, putting it on my POF, etc.
2. Learn up on recovering RAID arrays after destroying it: This is NOT based on any recent events. Objective: destroy a RAID array in as many ways as possible, importing foreign, clearing, moving disks, and then attempting to recover the array via backups or retagging
3. Data recovery best practices: this also, is NOT based on any real world events. The idea here is, become familiar with the best tools to recover data after it may have been lost (Clonezilla, DriveXML, Ghost) and destroy partitions, bootmgrs, grub, in as many ways as possible
4. make my dad a personal website: My dad seems to really love the idea that once he has a website online, it can’t be removed from the internet: he seems to be the only one that is so enthused
5. Set up my personal home network including a Cisco or Brocade switch and learn the basics of DDOSing: maybe even learn DDOS mitigation strategies from within the OS. Test out the library of DDOS scripts that I’ve collected in Mexico on vacation.
6. pay off my siginifcant other aka. my student loans aka. getting boned by the federal government. While we are on the topic, why is it necessary to charge 8% – 10% on student loans? Oh because Congress.
9943. Acquire a girlfriend: this is an optional quest